Monday, March 30, 2009

what will they say Monday at school?

So I wasn't around for results night. I did try my best to hang around campus at about 5:30 pm, just to watch the proceedings and catch up with various friends. However, I still had to leave before dinnertime just to get some work done. I can only imagine the drama that must have been that evening in DLSU. After hearing the news from my friends about the various wins and losses, I could only wonder, "What's next?"

Sunday night had me talking with two of my cousins (one is a DLSU alumnus, and the other is also still in the university). We were talking about certain adverse developments in various organizations. One of my cousins said, "Well, if the SC can't do anything to help us, then why should I vote?"

Point taken to some degree. This is one of the first challenges the incoming SC will face.

Enter in Monday morning...the first day of the so-called "hell week", when understandably politics takes a backseat.

Of course congratulations were in order. I got to at least congratulate Chantal, Camille V, and Philip personally for their victories in their respective colleges. I also got to to discuss with a younger friend about the considerably narrow margin of votes that some candidates had over the others. Now I'm not sure what this means in terms of student body participation.

A hilarious case of misinformation: I heard from various text messages that either Carl Abaya or that Rocky de Castro had won in the CLA. When I congratulated Rocky on her win, she just laughed and kindly corrected me that it was Carl who won. Oops.

With the USG question still alive and kicking, with everything that is happening in preparation for the 2010 elections, for the centennial, and for another school year...the SC really has its work cut out for them.

Maybe I'll be able to post a "beginning of the school year" update...even if just to follow ID 109 during its first venture into DLSU campus politics. Or maybe my next entry will come earlier than that. But for now, this blog will take a breather as I refocus on student life.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that COMELEC announced two winners wrongfully - which is why they had a new announcement the day after. I'd cut them slack, though - the system was a pretty new one, with the abstain votes and all.

    ReplyDelete